1) Thank you for being part of our zine. Tell us more about yourself, when did you know you wanted to have a career in music?
No, no, Thank YOU! I think being a performer/entertainer isn’t anyone’s first choice, but I was born this way, as Lady Gaga would say. From an early age, I was singing literally everywhere, putting shows up for my birthdays. My girlfriend and I used to watch Spice Girls concerts and memorize all the choreography then perform in front of the mirror with a hairbrush. Good times. And of course, when you’re passionate about something, you want to make it big, so I know that wanting to have a career in music happened a long time ago.
2) When did you come to the USA? Do you miss living in Russia?
I came to the USA in 2010. I love America so much; I feel like I was meant to be born here, and somehow, I was misplaced at birth. I miss my friends and family, but I don’t miss living in Russia.
3) What are the greatest things about living in NYC?
I love New York. The greatest thing to me is that I feel like I live in a Woody Allen movie. I love that there is so much to do, lots of shows and theater to watch, amazing food to eat, and Central Park to go for a walk. I love 4 seasons, and I love the fact that you get paid for singing gigs in NYC (cuz in LA you don’t) and that there are lots of gigs.
4) We love your style!! Who are your top fashion influences?
Thank you very much. I really love comfortable and cute clothes. It’s funny, since I am a singer, I get this question asked a lot. Like I’m supposed to be into fashion. Although if I was very wealthy, I would be, I think. Anyways, as far as fashion goes I love Victoria’s Secret show, and I would love to perform there one day.
5) Goals for 2019 and beyond?
I would love to go against all the odds and become a pop singing sensation. So many goals and so much work to do!
6) What have been your specific challenges in music? What have been the greatest achievements so far?
My biggest challenge in music has been me feeling insecure about my songwriting, mostly because of English being my second language. But lately I’ve been doing pretty good. I am proud of all of my new songs. Let’s see how people like it.
7) Where can our readers catch up with you out there soon?
Hi, readers! You can always catch up with me on Instagram. And I’ll keep you posted about my shows.
8) Please answer the following… “I create music because…”
I am a natural born story-teller, a sensitive human, and I love music; I love how it connects us. Self-expression is very important to me.