1) Please introduce yourself to the readers and how you first got into this field of work –and who were some of your influences growing up?
Hello, the world I am D Dukes an artist from Illinois. I started doing music when I was 6, I used to look at my older cousins doing it and it made me step out of my shell to do it. Growing up I listened to a lot of jay z, master p, bow wow and just put my style on what I seen.
2) What kind of training have you had, if any?
No Spectacular training just reading a lot and learning new words so I can stretch my vocabulary.
3) What has been your favourite project to work on so far?
My latest project “Dukesology” it was all original content and the concept behind it was super dope.
4) What drew you to the music industry?
Just being able to tell my story and everyone around the world can relate, I can paint a picture with my words and you can vision it while listening. So long story short I can make a difference with my voice which is what drew me.
5) What sports do you enjoy watching?
I watch all sports mainly basketball and football.
6) What has been one of the biggest highlights/achievements of your career?
Having my first major album release party for my project dukesology. It showed my growth and what’s to come.
7) If you had a chance to work alongside anybody who would that be?
Big krit, Cassidy and RIP to Nipsey Hussle but def would want to gain knowledge in the booth with him.
8) What projects do you have coming up?
Other then the chase the money remix video coming. I got some new music gearing up for another solo project. So stay tuned!
9) Who is your inspiration?
My kids, I want them to have the life I never had and more. So when it comes to music that’s my motivation.
10) What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
Amazon changing the game. I then read a lot of articles about the moves that they are making it helps on my business side of things haha.
11) What are your favourite venues to perform in?
A dope place I performed was at the music garage it was a bunch of rehearsal studios and the vibe in the room was just great.
12) Social Profiles:
Self Made Dukes ✈️✈️✈️✈️ (@dukeboii) * Instagram photos and videos
2,217 Followers, 2,212 Following, 258 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Self Made Dukes ✈️✈️✈️✈️ (@dukeboii)